Farewell To The Atkins Low Carb Diet > 자유게시판

본문 바로가기
13th 유네스코 세계문화유산

자유게시판

Farewell To The Atkins Low Carb Diet

페이지 정보

작성자 Blair O'Mahony 댓글 0건 조회 17회 작성일 23-02-03 05:59

본문

Atkins Nutritionals not too long ago announced they're filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. It would seem that the "low carb craze" was nothing far more than just a passing fad. Well my buddies I've arrived at both praise and bury the Atkins Diet.

I 1st found low carb diet programs aproximatelly fifteen years ago -- well before the recent recognition of theirs. The initial introduction of mine was by means of a guide entitled "The Endocrine Control Diet." Like the Atkins Diet and other low carb diets for that matter, it was based on a seriously restricted carbohydrate intake -- less than 50 grams of carbs each day. You place the body of yours into a state of ketosis and pressure it to burn body fat rather than sugar.

I was amazed at how fast I was able to drop excess weight on the diet. If memory serves properly, I dropped 15 lbs in little over 7 days. Sure, a percentage of it was water and muscle weight, though I also dropped quite a good deal of excess fat. I may tell it was fat because my waistline shrunk substantially.
The "Endocrine Control Diet" was strict about keeping carbs low alpilean reviews and complaints remaining in a state of ketosis until you hit the weight reduction goal of yours. This was monitored on a daily basis by peeing on Keto Strips to ensure you were still in ketosis. I stayed on the diet for about 2 months before reverting back to the former diet of mine. The intriguing thing was that I was able to keep the weight of mine down for another 3 months prior to getting back up to exactly where I was ahead of the diet.

I really should mention that throughout the diet that I was lifting weights and working on cardio exercise on a consistent basis. I truly believe this aspect was vital in retaining lean muscle mass while dropping so much excess fat as is possible while on a calorie restricted, low carb diet plan.
In the intervening years I tried other low carbohydrate diets that were all variations on a single design. The main constant I believe was keeping up with the weight training of mine and cardio exercise. Each & every time I managed to drop fifteen - twenty lbs within 3 weeks and keep it off for a minimum of three months after stopping the diet.
The biggest issue I have with low carbohydrate diets is that I am personally not able to remain on them for far more that 3 months at a time. It's simply too damn hard! Let us face it I like the carbs of mine. Being of Italian extraction I was raised on pasta as well as bread. I in addition adore Chinese food with further grain and also have a fondness for potatoes. Many these foods are taboo on a low carbohydrate diet!
In the end, a low carb diet just isn't very realistic or maybe incredibly sociable for that matter. I've never been too anxious about the health effects though. I have had my cholesterol tested both on as well as off the low carb diet plans and there were no variation in the readings even if I have consumed fats throughout some of the diet plans. My total cholesterol has definitely hovered around 200, which might be lower, but may be the cutoff for a typical level.
천년고찰 대흥사
서산대사 유물관
유네스코와 함께 하는 두륜산도립공원
두륜산도립공원
우 59047 전남 해남군 삼산면 대흥사길 154(구, 구림리 140-11) Tel. 061.530.5957
상호 : 두륜산도립공원 관리사무소(해남군청) / 대표자 : 명현관
Copyright © 두륜산도립공원관리사무소. All rights reserved.